Thursday, August 9, 2007

a dream

I haven't had any dreams, this first month since Alex died but I did last night.In the dream I walked into a luncheonette like the ones that were everywhere when I was a child in the 50's. I walked up to a young man sitting on a stool at the counter. It wasn't Alex, but a familiar face all the same, with a head of light brown curls. He looked like he could have been J's brother if she had one that looked just like her. He resembled the boy from the movie Hearts in Atlantis, a movie and book that Alex and I loved and we were both fans of the actor. In the dream the boy said,"Hi,Felice" and I walked over to him and touched his face and said,"Hi my sweet boy" and kissed his cheek, just like I always did to Alex. In the dream it felt like this boy was my child, though I had never seen him before. Just another lost boy, I guess.

No comments: