Thursday, July 26, 2007

a picture of Alex

I found a newer picture of Alex today, from our first season in Florida.When we moved from NY to WI We bought a place in FL to go to in the winter.Alex and I stayed there for three winters with Fred coming on every other weekend.We hadn't counted on how lonely it could get and as Alex was not feeling as wel as heh had, how scary it could be.The picture I found he looked healthy and handsome standing next to his grandma. The pictures at the service were older and didn't look so much like he looked now. I've been looking at it all day. Its mad me sad and at the same time mad at the world. A friend called about her car getting smashed in a parking lot. What am I supposed to say? I'm sorry?

1 comment:

kate maley said...

Dear felice

I love this picture of your son. He looks like a great kid.

I'm lousy on the computer but just joined this google thing so I could talk to you.

My name is Kate and I'm 52. I just lost my son, Mike, to Duchennes on August 13. He was 23 years old. I have a daughter, Erin. She lives in Amherst and is going to grad school for library science.

I've just been desperately searching the internet for some kind of solace. I finally searched "grief counseling for parents who have lost children to Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy." (could I get any more specific?) and your site came up. I don't know if you would be interested in talking to me-(maleykate@yahoo.com)
but I'll just throw me out there anyway.

I'm truly sorry for your loss,
kate